The role of the company secretary has evolved in recent years from being a mere support person to becoming one of the key governance professionals within an organization.
A Company Secretary plays a key role in advancing corporate governance within the Boardroom by ensuring that the board is adhering to corporate governance and that a healthy relationship exists between the board and management.
The CBSW is designed as a continuous learning program. It starts with a 3 days’ workshop on the fundamentals of Board Secretarial skills, followed by a 2 days’ advanced workshop, targeting more experienced company secretaries.
The fundamental course is designed to develop essential skills and knowledge required for company secretaries. It provides insights on their role and responsibilities from compliance with companies’ law, the Board and an organization’s corporate governance. It also aims to develop essential skills and knowledge required for company secretaries in order to play an active role in the appointment of new directors and carrying out their roles and responsibilities effectively in line with international best practice. The advanced workshop, on the other hand, covers practical tips and skills for company secretaries to develop their skills and knowledge and to bring them closer to the international best practice.
Who should attend?
• Appointed and aspiring company secretaries
• Compliance professionals
• Those who seek to better understand the role of the Company Secretary, and who have responsibility for corporate governance practices or interact with the board
For Companies Listed on the Dubai Financial Market:
Acknowledging the role and important of a Company Secretary, the Dubai Financial Market was a pioneer in mandating that listed companies must have their company secretaries must be certified from Hawkamah. They therefore need to enroll their board secretaries in Hawkamah’s CBSW. The move aims to further professionalize the function and to enhance the performance of listed companies’ boards.
- The workshop equips the participants with the essential skills and knowledge required to effectively carry out their roles and responsibilities in line with international best practice.
- It provides participants with considerable practical knowledge and advice to carry out their duties as Board Secretaries
- Participants will understand the key roles the board secretary plays in order to support the board and top management, and in ensuring effective organizational governance structures and practices.
- Participants will develop an understanding of how to deal with real life corporate governance problems and challenges.
Each participant will receive an attendance certificate after the completion of the workshop. Participants can undergo an optional online assessment to become a Certified Company Secretary. To pursue the certification, the attendee has to successfully pass an online exam, the participant will receive a certification of completion “Certified Company Secretary” from the Institute and Dubai
For more information, please contact us.
For more information on upcoming workshop dates, please click here.